iLine Technologies are the UK’s leading specialists in culvert and gravity sewer relining for the highway, rail, and local authority industries, focusing on infrastructure. iLine contacted us in regard to our Tender Writing services, requiring assistance with the submission of a tender distributed by the Leicestershire County Council for the bridge arch strengthening, with structural GRP segmental lining.
Nick Sheehan, iLine’s Sales Director, found Hudson whilst researching options for tender support services on Google, as the company was struggling to compile a quality submission on previous attempted bids. We have developed a great working relationship with iLine and both parties remain eager and open to further collaboration as and when opportunities present themselves. The key tasks/challenges we underwent in providing this service are as follows:
- Technicality: Due to the complexities of GRP segmental lining, the tender content is highly technical in nature. Meaning a high level of input was required from iLine.
- Acquiring Information: Because so much technical input is required, coordinating the collection of such can be complicated. As a result, we ensured a small team of dedicated representatives were accountable for the transfer of this information from the outset, with clearly defined timeframes put in place for the return and development of content.
- Processing Information: As professional writers, we at Hudson are not experts in GRP segmental lining or culvert technology. Therefore, digesting and writing compelling tender responses on this sector required an intense amount of research and creativity, as well as collaboration with the client, something which iLine have expressed a lot of positive feedback for.
The processes implemented by the Hudson Succeed Team to ensure that we performed to the exceptional standards expected of us are as follows:
- Coherent Communications: We set detailed communication procedures for client liaison which ensured that all the information needed for this tender was extracted quickly and efficiently. Through the creation of an initial bid plan, we made the client aware of the level of input which would be required from the outset.
- Dedicated Lead: Bid Writer, Jonny Worthy took the lead on all stages of client liaison and content development, ensuring that all work was steered in the same direction and all information compiled together effectively.
- Diligent Review: The tender response went through an internal review process, which ensured that all areas of importance had been adequatly and accurately covered within the confines of the wordcount.
Specific results achieved for this client are as follows:
- Our team worked proactively to ensure that this 5,000-word tender was completed through a process of thorough collaboration with the client.
- As a result of our combined efforts on this tender with iLine, we were successful with our first venture together, securing the £100,000 contract.
- Due to this success, we have developed a strong working relationship with iLine, who have since used our service on other tenders and promise to do so again going forward with their future tendering needs.
“From our first contact, Hudson were brilliant. After a short conversation, they quickly grasped the basics of our business and sector in which we operate. Jonny and the team took the stress and hassle away from us and we are very happy to say that we were awarded the first contract that we collaborated on. We would highly recommend Hudson and look forward to future endeavours together.”