Table of Contents
Winning healthcare tenders is a skill that our team at Hudson have successfully crafted over the years. We specialise in a variety of sectors, however many healthcare companies in both the UK and US come to us for help because we are good at what we do. Whether you are an SME, start-up, or large organisation, we can help you win healthcare tenders!
Healthcare tenders are public offers for healthcare services or supplies that are made available by healthcare providers or government agencies.
They are generally used as a way for healthcare providers to acquire goods and services at competitive prices. These tenders may involve both public and private sector entities, as well as local and international providers.
Healthcare tenders come in many different sectors:
Frameworks ask one or multiple supplier(s) to deliver goods/services across potentially multiple locations. In the public-funded care sector, frameworks are key to any healthcare business.
Frameworks such as ones by the NHS Supply Chain, NHS Procurement Hubs and local government (Council) give SME’s and start-ups invaluable opportunities for growth. While frameworks differ between Single Provider and Multi-provider Framework Agreements, the opportunity to showcase your involvement with large contract values will only strengthen your company’s reputation.
A DPS or Dynamic Purchasing System, are very similar to frameworks and some will even use the terms interchangeably. However, there are some subtle differences.
Ultimately, DPS’ are more accessible than generic frameworks. You can apply for, and leave, the DPS at any point while its running. It is also an entirely electronic process which makes it more accessible in our modern technologically advanced age.
If you are looking to bid on a healthcare tender, you need to know these 6 steps:
1. Understand your business’s capabilities: Before bidding on any healthcare tender, it is important to understand the capabilities of your business and ensure that it is able to deliver the services outlined in the tender.
2. Analyse the risk: Healthcare tenders require attention to detail and an understanding of the risks and opportunities associated with the opportunity. Before bidding, carefully review the tender documents and understand what is expected of you and your business. This should include assessing risk factors such as financial, expectational and the dedication of resources (including time) to bid.
3. Know the regulations? Healthcare tenders usually have specific regulations that must be followed. Are you CQC registered? Do you meet the financial threshold, number of years in business etc?
4. Consider the budget constraints: Budgets are an important part of any tender, as they will determine the success or failure of the contract. Make sure you understand the budget constraints outlined in the tender and calculate the associated costs beforehand. Your own pricing is something you have to take control of yourself.
5. Prepare your bid: Take the time to prepare a comprehensive tender response that covers all the specified requirements. Include detailed information and be sure to adhere to all deadlines set during the tender process (this includes your own internal deadlines for your bid writing team).
6. Follow the instructions carefully: Make sure you follow all the instructions exactly as laid out in the tender documents. Any errors or omissions may result in the disqualification or failure of your bid.
Even if you haven’t found the right healthcare tender for you, we can help you find them! On our portal — Healthcare Tenders!
We house tenders from across the UK and upload new healthcare tenders daily from all sectors including domiciliary care, social care, dentistry, medical equipment and nursing etc. If you want to know if we have any tenders available in your chosen location and sector, contact us!
At Hudson, there is no shortage of tender experts! All of our tender writers are experts and write for a variety of sectors. If you need assistance with your tender, whether it involves writing, reviewing, submission, improvement, or a full end-to-end service, we can help!
Check out our services below!
Once you’ve found the perfect bid for your business, send it our way. Our Bid Writers can take care of the whole thing for you they’ll even submit it on your behalf. They’ll let you know what they need from you, providing you with a full Tender Writing breakdown.
Our Tender Ready 4-week programme is perfect for businesses that have never tendered before. A Bid Writer will work with you to ensure you have everything in place to tender successfully. Tender Ready offers your business:
If you’ve been tendering but aren’t seeing success from your current efforts, our Tender Improvement package can help. Our Bid Team will assess your previous responses and tender documents. They will work with you to improve for future submissions. This package includes a 12-month subscription to a Hudson Discover portal and additional tendering development services.
If you’ve written your tender response and need it double-checked for errors, Tender Mentor can help. A Bid Writer will proofread your work for any inconsistencies, grammar, or spelling mistakes. They will also ensure it’s in line with the specification before you submit it. This is a great way of improving your skills and understanding of how to polish your tender.
Do you only require assistance with PQQs or SQs? We can help!
Submit the relevant information regarding the work you need, and we will provide a quote for the work agreed upon.
We provide support at all levels of the bid writing process, so if you simply need it proofread before you submit it, we can also help with that!
Wanting to impress a buyer? Our creative content agency Vocal is always on hand to help!
Our Vocal team are never afraid to be heard – we’re a loud bunch!
From micro-businesses to large organisations, we provide ways to make your business stand out from the crowd. We can transform your bid into a professionally designed tender document!
Vocal specialises in:
Our online virtual learning environment for Education, Enterprise and Home Learners is currently being used to power our platforms – Tender VLE and Procure VLE (Coming soon).
We believe in learning at your own pace, wherever you are!
Win Tenders in the Hospitality Sector: Laundry, Catering and more! Winning hospitality tenders relies on…Read More